Easy and elegant… go to our Pear, Goat Cheese & Balsamic Herb Jam Tart for a quick appetizer or addition to your brunch menu.
Pear, Goat Cheese & Balsamic Herb Jam Tart
1 Pie/Pastry Crust Dough (use our recipe below or grab on from the grocery store refrigerator section)
½ Jar of Terrapin Ridge Farms Balsamic Herb Jam* (room temp)
2-3 Fresh Pears, peeled and sliced thin
4 oz. Goat Cheese (or Bleu Cheese if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough to fit into a fluted tart pan. Trim or pinch edges.
- Spread herb jam over crust, and lay pear slices over jam.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with crumbled goat cheese – then put back in oven for another 5-6 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
*Find Terrapin Ridge Farm Balsamic Herb Jam at `a la Maison in Baldwinsville or call 315-440-6637 to order.
My Gluten-Free Pastry/Pie Dough
¾ cup Tapioca Starch
½ cup Oat Flour
½ cup Brown Rice Flour
¾ teaspoon Salt
8 tablespoons of COLD butter, cut into 12 pieces
1 large egg white
2-3 tablespoons of water
In your food processor, combine the dry ingredients (including salt) and pulse to combine. Add the cold butter and pulse until the pieces are small (pea-sized)
Add the egg white – pulse to combine. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time and pulse until the dough starts to come together. Transfer to a board and gently knead into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Roll out dough in between two pieces of parchment paper until it’s slightly bigger than the opening of your tart pan (about 11 inches). Remove top parchment paper, lay the tart pan on top and flip over. Remove last piece of parchment and gently push the dough into the pan. Trim and flute edges… read to use for your recipe of choice!
Thrilled to now have The Laundress products on the shelves at `a la Maison. This all natural product line is must for keeping your home and laundry looking their best.
Here are some of many benefits to using The Laundress laundry products…
1) All natural, safe and gentle cleaning for your clothing and linens.
2) Economical… avoid expensive dry cleaning bills and the damage of dry cleaning chemicals, prolonging the life of your clothing.
3) Amazing fragrance! Essentials will not only make your clothing and linens smell great… but your laundry room will smell terrific as well!
Loving this product line at `a la Maison!