Love this quick and easy fusion of flavor… a little Asian with a little Hawaiian barbecue. A delicious and healthy weeknight option or a casual gathering with friends.
Pork & Pineapple Recipe
- One medium sweet onion, sliced vertically
- 3 pounds of pork tenderloin
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger & garlic
- 1 tablespoon Napa Valley Naturals dark sesame oil*
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup Urban Accents Korean BBQ Taco Simmer Sauce*
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)
- Additional 1/2 cup of UA Korean BBA Taco Simmer Sauce* to add at end of cooking
- 8 fresh pineapple rings – Canned pineapple works here too!
Lettuce Wrap Recipe
- Butter or Iceberg Lettuce Leaves (12 large leaves)
- Angel hair coleslaw mix
- Shredded carrots
- Greens onions
- Grilled pineapple
- Cauliflower rice or Steam White Rice (Optional)
- Bourbon Barrels Foods Smoked Sesame Seeds*
- Urban Accent Korean BBQ Taco Simmer Sauce* (to drizzle)
- Sriracha Sauce (to drizzle)
- Steamed Rice (optional as a side or in the lettuce wraps)
- Season pork with salt & pepper. Place the pork and pineapple recipe ingredients in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Grill Pineapple –Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill 5 mins on each side or until nice grill mark on both sides. (Alternative methods bake pineapple rings at 425 until caramelized (about 8 mins).
- Shred cooked pork and return it to the slow cooker – add extra ½ cup Korean BBQ Simmer Sauce. Cook on low for another 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps as noted in the recipe above. Top with bourbon smoked sesame seeds and serve with steamed rice.
To make this in the slow cooker, add the pork + the marinade to the bowl of your slow cooker. Cover and cooking on high for 4-5 hours and on low for 6-8 hours. Finish the recipe as directed.
Swap out the lettuce for corn or flour tortillas – this recipe also make great pork tacos.
*Find these fine ingredients at à la Maison at 25 Syracuse Street, Baldwinsville, NY 13027. Or call 315-440-6637 to order.