`a la Maison has moved our Downtown store to the New York State Fairgrounds for the annual Junior League Holiday Shoppes… along with an array home decor and gifts… we’ve brought a great selection of gourmet and specialty foods.
Today shoppers can looks forward to sampling:
– Forever Herbs Blackberry and Blueberry Jalapeno Compote
– Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
– Lillie’s Q Bloody Mary Mix
– Delicious pulled chicken recipe along with Lillie’s Q barbecue and Caroline Dirt… my favorite rub!
The great thing about this recipe is that it is not only delicious but a little healthier for you than many of the pulled pork recipes you get out… plus it’s super quick and easy!
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
3 lbs. boneless/skinl chicken breasts (or mix of boneless/skinless breast & thighs)
Sea salt & pepper
2 tsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil (for browning)
1 medium vadalia or sweet onion, sliced thin
1 cup Lillie Q Carolina BBQ Sauce*
Season chicken with sea salt and pepper, then brown chicken in 2 tsp. of olive oil or grapeseed oil (4 mins on each side). While chicken browns, place sliced onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Cut chicken breasts in half and place in slow cooker on top of onions. Pour Lillie Q Carolina BBQ sauce over the top. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
Shred chicken with two forks. Serve with a buffet of toppings including:
– Lillie Q Smoky BBQ*
– Lillie Q White BBQ Sauce* (If you have not had white BBQ sauce… Wow! Delish!)
– Creamy Coleslaw (if you’re short on time, grab it from your favorite deli)
– Diced dill pickle
*You can find Lillie Q BBQ Sauces and rubs in both our Baldwinsville, Fayetteville and Downtown Syacuse stores.