Forever Herbs compotes are a delicious blend of fruits with just the right amount of heat from jalapeno peppers… and I’m a huge fan! We are carrying these great compotes in the store and I think you will find that a delicious and handy ingredient and condiment to have in your pantry.
These compotes make a delicious yet simple appetizer when served over cream cheese or Brie, use it as a marinade or glaze over your choice of meat, or better yet, add your favorite vinegar and oil or Italian salad dressing to make a fabulous vinaigrette, which is delicious with a spinach salad! Use it as a chutney with chicken, pork, and turkey. It also tastes incredible when mixed with cream cheese and used as a filling for stuffed chicken breasts or turkey roll-ups.
Here are a few ideas that will keep you reaching for a bottle of Forever Herbs Berry Jalapeno Compote:
- Use as a glaze, or serve as a chutney with salmon and fish.
- Create an easy glaze for meats such as ham, pork chops and chicken wings.
- Top a wheel of brie with a 1/3 of a cup of Blueberry Jalapeno Compote and sliced almonds and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees for a quick & easy appetizer.
- Upscale your morning breakfast sandwich… Egg, ham and cheese with Berry Jalapeno Compote on a croissant or toasted multi-grain bread.
- Microwave a ½ cup of your favorite Berry Jalapeno Compote with a tablespoon of white wine vinegar a delicious dipping sauce for grilled shrimp and grilled sausage…also delicious with coconut shrimp.
- Serve with cornbread.
- Elevate a store bought cheesecake with your favorite Berry Jalapeno Compote for a quick and elegant dessert.
- Use as a topping for waffles.
- Zip up your morning yogurt with a dollop of Berry Jalapeno compote.
Pick up your favorite compotes today at our Downtown and Baldwinsville stores.